Collecting, using and sharing customer information
This explains how and why we acquire and use customer personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Prestige Asset Finance Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06912229 and is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1934326
We take the privacy of your information seriously and we ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with
Within this document, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Prestige Asset Finance Limited and Prestige Pawnbrokers. We will not disclose your information to anyone other than as set out in this Privacy Notice and in any product terms which apply to your account.
Collection of customer information
We may collect information about you:
- as part of your loan application and for the purposes of managing your loan agreement.
- from you, from public records and from third parties with your consent.
- this includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details, employment information, credit record and agreement history.
- we make and keep copies of identification evidence you provided
We use information to:
- make credit decisions about you.
- communicate with you by telephone, mobile chat app, email, SMS, or post using the contact details you have provided.
- manage your account.
- prevent fraud and money laundering.
- make collections and trace you if necessary.
We may use your data for the above purposes to fulfil our legitimate interest of managing our legal agreement with you and where otherwise required to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations as permitted by GDPR.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will not be able to transact with you.
To ensure we carry out your instructions accurately, to help us improve our services and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your communications with us, such as telephone calls, emails, mobile chat app, SMS and post.
In the interests of security and preventing crime we may use closed circuit TV in and around our premises for the monitoring and collection of visual images. All recordings remain our sole property.
Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
Although we normally do no not carry out credit checks under some circumstances when you apply for a product or service you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. When you apply for a product or service you authorise us to check the following records about you and others (see below):
- Prestige’s own records.
- Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We may share your information with:
- third parties to which we transfer, charge, or assign a customer agreement or which provide services for us
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
We store your information:
- within the European Economic Area (EEA).
- if we transfer data outside the EEA, we will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
- for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you.
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date.
- ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship).
- receive your information in a format that suits you.
- transfer your information to a third party.
When you or someone visits our website, we collect and analyse standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns
We use this information to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website, so we can continually improve the user experience. The way in which this data is collected means it is not personally identifiable. Also, we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We will not associate or share any data gathered from visiting our website with any third-party sources.
While using the Prestige website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Contact number
- Data usage
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website such as a contact form, this will be obvious and will require a press button for submission.
Cookie usage on
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by websites that you visit. They are widely used on websites in order to make them work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy|
If you continue to browse our website without changing your cookie settings, we will presume that you are happy to receive cookies from our website. If, however, you are not happy to receive cookies from our website, you can change your browser cookie settings at any time.
Most internet web browsers allow some control or complete blocking of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org
Purchases through our Online Store (PayPal)
If you have a question, want to exercise your rights, or make a complaint about our use of your information, please contact us at: Prestige Asset Finance Limited, 164 High Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3HW or by email at: [email protected]. You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. Telephone 0303 123 1 or visit their web page: ico.org.uk.